I haven’t blogged in months because well, life happens! But as my 30th birthday inches closer and closer, I’ve been thinking of my 20’s and I’ve compiled a list of lessons I’ve learned over these last 9 and 7/8 years 😉 — 29 of them because it just seemed fitting! In no particular order, here we go:
1) Facebook + social media is/are the biggest time wasters.
2) People get so incredibly “bold” behind a computer screen. I can’t believe people say the things they do without even thinking twice about it.
3) Put your phone/tablet/whatever down for just a little bit each day. It’ll be ok. Whatever is there I promise you, will still be there when you get back on.
4) Enjoy the company of those right in front of you the most.
5) Don’t do things just because everyone else is. Seriously don’t.
6) It really is ok to say “No”.
7) Waiting is one of the hardest things to do.
8) I would rather someone hurt me with the truth, than comfort me with a lie.
9) True (and I mean really true) friends are truly hard to find.
10) I want friendships that are as close to 50/50 as possible. It hurts when you give your all to a friendship and you don’t get the same in return.
11) Friends really do come and go. That saying rings so true more often than I’d like.
12) Don’t hold grudges. We are all imperfect people living in an imperfect world. Pray and ask God to help you with it because I guarantee you can’t do it on your own!
13) More often than not, people care more about themselves than others.
14) People with the most money are (often times) the most stingy.
15) Credit cards are SO dangerous! If you can’t afford it (or afford to make the payments on it) then maybe you shouldn’t buy it.
16) Money isn’t everything. Don’t fall into the trap/lie/deception – whatever you want to call it – that feeds on making you think that.
17) Stop and enjoy all the things in life that money can’t buy. They are simply beautiful.
18) Don’t get too comfy in your present situation. You never know when things could just flip!
19) Always fulfill your end of a bargain, even if the other party does not.
20) Don’t take advantage of people. If you wouldn’t want them to do it to you, don’t do it to them.
21) You don’t need to have a college degree to be successful. Or happy for that matter.
22) Having children is a privilege not a right, denied to many.
23) Don’t be afraid to age! Being alive is an incredible privilege!
24) You absolutely cannot choose your family.
25) Be extra super duper careful if/when you’re match-making! You very well might regret it one day!
26) Shoot, just don’t match make anyone! (See lesson above)
27) God made you and created you. Trust Him that He really does know what’s best for your life!
28) Stop and realize, Jeremiah 29:11. It’s a verse (along with every other one) breathed from the breath of God that is so powerful and so true. Don’t just take it and leave it. Reflect on, meditate with, memorize it, and most importantly remember it when life just seems crappy. Because life isn’t perfect and crummy things do happen, but the Lord has a plan for you, one to bring you hope and a future. Not to harm you. I absolutely and completely love that.
29) God really is the only one who will never let you down. Ever!
What are some lessons you’ve learned in your lifetime? Feel free to comment below and share with us!
Blessings 💛 Sarah